Speaks For No One

Maya Angelou gave hope In the stories she wrote. She never failed, gave up when she had little to no luck. She set a goal for young women just like myself, left books and poetry which Is big enough wealth. She's been abused and accused and so much more, she's taught me to live Is to love and that everything Is to be forgiven for. She's spoken words with so much knowledge and grace, her legend will forever live without a minute erased. A phenomenal woman she was to be, a phenomenal woman she's left Inside of me. Maya Angelou truly gave a new meaning to being a powerful woman , and In the process set free our Inner poets like rays from the sun. She did things when no one believed In her and gave people something to talk about when they said no. Imagine If It wasn't for her how much farther we would have had to go. She was a woman who knew what she wanted, stood for something but never flaunted. To this day her words are peacefully remembered and to her knowledge I have gracefully surrendered. An activist, a feminist, an Idol at heart ... and to think one poem, one line, one word was how she got her start.