Songbird

I wonder why my voice is not heardWithin the walls of my so called homeA place of comfort that holds littleBut for now I just wait No inspirationNo encouragement I craveNo loveThe kind I crave but yet not see  Within these barren and worn out wallsDamaged beyond repair from the guardians that promised to protect itBut are at a constant battle I feel like a bird with clipped wingsUnable to fly the glorious and nutritional wind currents up aboveMy song echoes upon the walls and hits deaf earsI can't take this silence anymore Then one day I was met with a beautiful starIts light so enticing and luminousIts arms so soft and welcoming as it held me in its embrace "Sing little bird, sing for me" it saidAnd I sang my little heart out Suddenly my feathers grew a new and strongI spread them and was in the sky I yearned for so long I looked to my savior with tears in my eyes and a smile upon my face and asked "Why?" And it said as it caresses my cheek" A little bird with such a beautiful voice shouldn't be kept from singing. They should be able to be free in both flight and song"  Unfortunately it's spell didn't last forever By the sunrise my new feathers withered awayBut my savior promised me that by nightfall they'll return but only then Ever since that night, the star visited me every nightI flew alongside it and sung the night away"Eventually my little songbird, these feathers shall be permanent and you shall fly away from this place"Said the star "And soon enough the whole world will hear your song"I smiled at my friend “As long as you're part of the audience”