A Solemn Interlude of Empathy

45503

I don’t know everything. I’m only a human being, and I’m willing to admit such, but I ask of you to heed my wisdom of which I know to this day, my Solemn Interlude of Empathy, a silent pause in the chaos of the this day, so that you may think upon what I have to say.

This is for the burdened minds of today and of the past, the wearied souls that are here in this present day and still linger throughout our past, and for the brittle of bone and for the weak of heart and mind alike.

We have all faced pain and sorrow in our lives, it speaks the same bitter tongue no matter what tone your skin is, no matter what religion you are, no matter where you came from or what you believe in, but why should others suffer for who they are?

The color of one’s skin, where he or she comes from should not determine how he or she is treated. We are all human beings, we are all given an opportunity to life, and we are all special, for having an opportunity to live, to breathe breath in fresh air, to be stricken by the sun’s immense rays and awed by the moon’s ominous glow.

Empathy, the ability to understand and comprehend another person’s feelings towards a subject. The ability to see yourself in someone else’s position, and imagine how it feels to be them with what they’re going through in the moment they’re in. Empathy, of all human emotions, I feel it’s the strongest.

My father passed away when I was 14. I remember sitting in the hospital room with the rest of my family, after it had happened, and a woman I hadn’t known approached our family and began to speak to us, as if she had already knew what was going on.

Before I had time to recollect my thoughts I was pulled into a hug by this stranger. She told me we’d meet our father someday again. Empathy had really touched my life that day, even with my father’s passing, because even without it happening to herself, a woman we didn't even know took the incentive to calm us, most likely because she knew what pain felt like too in this world.

Everyone deserves equal rights, because we’re all born, and we all live. We’re all entitled to them as human beings. A human being should be judged upon his or her actions, not by his or her ethnicity, because everyone is equipped with the actions and words to heal another person, and to harm another person.

I hope my interlude has been enlightening.