Society

To me, " Emo" is just another stereotypical name that society gives people who dress in darker clothing. So what? i wear darker clothes. But, society also attached other characteristics to the stereotype. Like " suicidal" "self harm" 
"satanic" depressed" and i could go on and on. But you see, society gives people this stereotype based on how they dress.. but most of those people aren't suicidal, depressed, Satanic, etc. I, for example, was a very happy bubbly individual. Then, i got stereotyped as "Emo" and at first it didn't bug me..until i realized what "Emo" supposedly means.. i tried to tell people that i wasn't like that. I got bullied and neglected, excluded and harassed... for something that wasn't true.. something that society made everyone think was true.. all because i wear band T's and skinny jeans..i became depressed and my life at home was already bad enough but the bullying and harassment made it worse. i then became depressed and suicidal.. but SOCIETY made me like this. SOCIETY made me your stereotypical "Emo Kid". Society is evil.. Dont try to fit in with it. it's a waste of time..

Poetry Slam: