Sleeping beauty a tail of the sleepy town

Once upon a time there was a young prince who grew up knowing that he must marry a princess that was kind, intelligent and modest. The young prince met many young princesses that didn’t meet his expectation. He always looked for the princess of his dreams and knew she was out in their small world.

On this 21st birthday he set out to find the girl of his dream: he went to many kingdoms trying to find his princess.  He went to a small village that he never knew existed. It was quite but seemed full of good people. He met an older man that looked to be in his late 50’s.

“Good sir, is there a princess in this small village or another kingdom close by?”

“we have a prince for our kingdom and we do have a neighboring kingdom that has a princess but that is no more”

“May I ask what happened?”

“Have you not heard of the story of the sleepy town?”

“pardon?”

“I’ll assume not, it started with the princess being born to the king and queen of our neighboring town; this tail is almost 100 years old. When the princess was born the king requested most of the fairies to attend this wonderful gathering. However, one of the fairies was left out altogether; she was known for being one meanest fairy of all. She was beyond furious when she found out she couldn’t attend; all the fairies gave this beautiful little girl gifts that made her who she was. The most wicked fairy of all gave her a gift unexpectedly "In the fifteenth year of her age the princess shall prick herself with a spindle and shall fall down dead.” Everyone was terrified of this threat but luckily the 12th fairy had her gift to give "The princess shall not die, but fall into a deep sleep for a hundred years."  

“Many men have tried and rescued this kingdom of this dreadful curse but they have all failed” said the old man.

The young prince was now determined to save this kingdom, he traveled to this land; he found the kingdom covered in roses. He tried to look at this logically but it didn’t work out so well. He then started to cut the roses with his steal sword and it cut quite easily. He didn’t understand the problem on why others couldn’t get in, it was because that day it was 100 years since the curse started.  He started walking in the palaces and found everyone but the princess, was not found. He found the princess and saw she was the most beautiful princess he ever laid eyes on. He couldn’t stand It he kissed her.

The young princess woke up startled but she realized she woke up because of this prince’s kiss. As the kingdom rejoiced in happiness the prince and princess fell in love.