The Skin I'm in: A dedication to Trayvon Martin & Troy Davis

30909

Rage, anger, pain, hurt, agony, and sorrow this is what hides inside of me i suffer to live because of the skin im in The ones whom we once called masters the ones who took us bondage and took, took the last of our hope and dignity for this, i am hated for the skin im in I am killed by racial slurs and gunshots i am murdered out of hatred and shame i am guilty because i wear a dark hoodie and carry a bag of skittles and a can of tea walking home just doing me ( I am Trayvon Martin) I am accused of various crimes and punished out of pure hate i am an accused cop killer and violent man i am prosecuted without evidence ( I am Troy Davis) Prejudiced, harshly discriminated, stereotyped, and destroyed is the black generation of the world until we stand up as one, the real life of an African American will then have begun Let us not fight amongst each other brother on brother but against this harsh treatment on African Americans let us fight as one against the unjust to become an equal nation of love and honor I love you and you love me regardless of our color yellow, orange, black, or white, we are all precious in God's sight.