Silent War

Silent War The message inbox is our battlefield Forgetting love and throwing bombs passed our shieldsboth on the defense and still shooting nothing heals Sending threat after threat to leave what we've builtTurned our tower of trust into a cave of regret and guilt Sweet nothings turned to angry everythings  Now so hard to keep the peaceOnce a thought of wedding ringsNow the arguments won't cease  Sometimes I forget of the long nights I spent with stomach butterflies from your presence Now we fail to compromise and fail to be emotionally present Always on guard to protect the hearts we've just learned to piece together Trying to heal, we've built a wall that's not meant to stand forever Sometimes I forget the times I've cried hoping for a man like you My love, apple of my eye, my rock, my soldier too  You are my knight in shining armor Now I'm suited up for warBut I can't think of anything more worth fighting for