Sh*t I Tried Saying to My Teacher

You think that it's supposed to be easy for us?

No, it's not.

You think I can still pass geometry?

No, I couldn't. The 90/10 grading scale made that impossible.

You think it that grading scale should have made it easy?

Well, it didn't. I did all my homeowork, didn't pass the test. Tried my best, still failed.

You think I can avoid bullying because I'm such a good student?

No, I can't, because I get called a Teacher's Pet for being recognized for my writing.

You think that can be a good thing?

Not when nobody sits by you at lunch. Not when people think you're weird because you actually enjoy writing more than anything else.

You think my reading and writing are distracting me from schoolwork?

They're not. Those two things keep me sane and when you keep me from either one, you lose my patience.

You think it's normal for a teenager to have a bully for a brother?

Yeah, it is. But do you think the same thing when that teenager loses so much self-esteem she worries about what her life will be like?

You think it's normal for teenagers to doubt themselves?

Yeah, it is. But think about that answer more when that teenager considers fatal things.

You think it's normal for teenagers to become depressed when a family member dies?

Yeah, it is. Just think about that answer more if you hear that that student is cutting his/herself or tried (and succeeded in) ending their life.

You come up to me when I'm little and tell me I can get into whatever college I want?

That decision became very difficult with a GPA of 2.25. That makes very entensive limits.

You think that writing is something I do as a hobby?

Half-right, half-wrong. Writing is my life and I hope to make a difference with it.

You think I don't always do my best in gym because I'm lazy?

You're wrong. I do my best and you think I'm quitting before I can show it to you.

Everyone's body has limits. Along with my own.

You think I shoplifted for a reason, even when I wouldn't tell?

Yeah, I did. I wanted to feel alive because nothing in my life was changing and I couldn't find a way to change it myself.

You think I don't like talking to people because I am introverted?

No. It's because I have a hard time finding people I'll actually have something in common with.

You think I'm lazy when I don't change for gym, or join an afterschool sport?

I'm not. At the end of the day, I need to let myself unwind, reflect on my day, and relax with a good book.

You think I should be able get used to all the names people call me?

I can't. Some of those people used to be my friends and chose popularity over a friendship that could last years.

You think I could be a better person than I am now?

You're wrong. This is how I am and that is never going to change.

TatianaBell96

Anyone who has felt similarily, tell me about it

belltat96@Gmail.com