Searching...

Deep inside my soul a dragon devouring reality as it is woven... all laid bare as his black hole of a horrifying mouth satiates its gluttony on happy thoughts. The dreams and hopes within me are as of knights, ready to give themselves at a chance to end this black tyranny. As fast as they show themselves, within moments their only purpose is to take the beast one step closer to content. This reaver of smiles takes wing to his perch high above the clouds, gazing down over all...omniscient of sorts. Tongues of flame rocket out of his nostrils as they flare out...bored with his insurmountable monolith of claimed prophecies, thoughts, and dreams that most would ogle at and rush along to grasp. This hulking and yet extremely agile terror seems to never get enough, descending down upon any new challengers faster than an eagle on its biggest meal in weeks. Despite the innumerable amount of fallen, I push on, sending out more than any counsel would advise...wishing one would at least hold the onslaught off long enough to bolster ranks or reinforce a belief within myself, something to grow inside of my chest and help me against this nightmarish fiend. Every day the fight goes on, as I continue to search for a way to break out of this slump, poverty....there is no give no matter how nice or how rough and demanding I am... Depressing is my smile, and suicidal are my eyes, darting every so often to find ....some amount of joy....and suck it dry to further this sick, detestable existence. Around and 'round this carousel of screams and self loathing spins, throwing anything within short distance up in a vortex of visions seemingly created to sicken those who observe. This neverending strife created by one of the wisest mythological beasts known...that black monster. Why does this continue, if it is within myself, then it is within my boundaries, my rules. How could I allow this to go on? I ask myself, but am only answered with, 'How does one kill ones own morals?' I've known since birth how powerful whatever resides in me is, my spirit...my hunger, but what happens when mediocrity and ill-suited surroundings force what is meant to flourish and skyrocket to instead trap itself deep within a cage, and give it no choice but to eat itself to survive. This is the reality of society and the world today...it demands tithe, either from oneself, or sacrifices in the way of colleagues and friends. I am the Dragon, and I devour myself to protect those that matter to me, I will NOT adhere to what this 'nation' believes it deserves, nor will I betray those that matter to me more than some patriotic symbolism that hides a filthy truth...that it is more horrendous and disgusting than ANY enemy or devil, when it hides in plain sight....laughing at all of us because it makes the rules and takes all the winnings, and we all grin and bear the whippings we receive or the knives in our backs we overcome for our 'nation' once so great and believable, now smiling as it steals our entire sense of being.... I am the Dragon, I am no sheep, I am what tyranny fears, I am kicking all of America, screaming at you all to wake from this self destructive slumber we've fallen into....so I can finally live....so I can finally smile....