Saga

My mother left me only when I was three She pulled me close and told me she loved me Then she got her shit and she walked out the front door And at the same time my tears hit the floor boards And after she had gone I grew frightened and sad Sad because my mother just left and scared because my dad didn’t always treat me the best I knew he loved me but I didn’t feel safe His dreams had turned to failures and his failures turned to rage And sometimes he’d act like a rapid dog trapped inside a cage And just being who I was must have antagonized him enough And sometimes he’d love me but he’d love me way to rough And often times that love would leave me broken and bruised, miserably misused Too scared to tell anyone I was being abused But maybe just maybe his expectations were unmet Had I done something wrong and hadn’t realized it yet. So I started to conform and act and be like him I hated who he hated and he hated Mexicans and really hated whites and would always get in fights So that’s what I would do and juvenile problems did pursue I would cuss out all my teachers and bully little kids Tell them that I fucked their mom last night and that their dads a little bitch I hated hearing people laugh cause inside I was so mad I hated unborn children would get to have both their mom and dad What hurt me most of all was that I finally found my mom She was on Facebook with her son and her new life A ring was on her finger meant she was somebody else’s wife YOU STUPID BITCH I hope your whole family burns in hell I finally couldn’t take the pain so I wrote down what I felt And as I kept on writing the paper grew heavy and my heart got light And from a new perspective I saw the world through different sight. Through poems I wrote down all my pain and finally I was out And then I started writing things I was actually happy about I wrote my hope and dreams and everything else in between I learned to not victimize myself cause everyone goes through life And has their own specific personalized strife I started to read and write a little more and heard different people tales And I felt so bad for them because their lives were truly hells The boy in India born with no legs and no arms The albinos in Africa slaughtered like animals on a farm the sad drunken man who comes home and beats his pregnant wife And the little girl who’s molested by her uncle every night Katie whose face was burned away by her boyfriend’s acid spite The bullied homosexual who decides to take his life The man who goes out for fun and comes home with HIV The part girl who overdosed on to much LSD Jonny who can’t be touched cause he was born with fragile skin The woman set on fire just to burn away her sin All that other shit dwarfs my pain and trials Make me think it not that bad and smile for a while And scream to life and let it know it know that its been forgiven To let go of the horrid past and finally start liven