Safety is a Lie

Safety is a lie spread by the mentally secure and a dream to the paranoid. Safety is a shell of lies and false hopes that you build around yourself to create a sense of security. All the while at night you think about the things you don't talk about like how your mountain of secrets rest on a friends shoulder and how one word could cause them to fall. The word safety is a word used to describe a state of being that can never be acquired but can be counterfeited into a form of false security. You are never completely safe no matter how many walls you build to block yourself from the world because eventually the demons of age will find you and cut the strings of sanity. Safety is a propaganda used to sell the idea that you can build a way to keep your self secured. However, the more barriers built physically the more walls built mentally to shield yourself from the troubles that you don't dare think about for the hopes you will forget. All the time knowing that there is no safety, that your system you've created is a farce, and that safety is a lie. But you won't admit it, you won't tell the truth because why would you when you have so much to lose but the truth is and will forever be that the walls you build provide no security and in the end when all else fails you'll tell yourself that everything is fine. But the fact is everything will never be fine and you will never be safe because safety is a disease of a word spreading from the lips of one person to another always getting passed on and ultimately leading to their demise. False-security is more hazardous then admitting you are unsafe and the only way to conquer and cure this disease of a word is to admit that safety is a lie.

Poetry Slam: