A Sad Poem About A Boy I No Longer Know

When dealing with your absence, a part of me dies—making my heart beg to be euthanized.

Human beings, do that to people; they’ll gauge your meek heart out of your mortal body, causing you to fall to your knees like a wounded soldier.

Why? How could it have been so easy? How could you have watched me wait for this feeling to subside?

Hell, if it were facile to gather the pieces of debris that is scattered all over the floor perhaps my soul, from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted—nevermore.

My first love never accepted responsibility for breaking my fragile heart and leaving me sobbing on the side of the road wondering where did we go wrong?

After all the years of degradations & the several holidays of failure,

A poor, demure, melancholic soul like mine  perhaps is incapable of finding someone else to commemorate the pain.

The pain—in itself, has the ability to manifest itself into a far more potent & dangerous epidemic that makes you wish your heart was in quarantine.

Because truly, at the end of the day, love is a drug, an airborne disease, & the heart—that lies praying for mercy, loves your wretched and ruthless heart still. 

Green eyed monster, may your soul descend into the pits of hell after all of the anguish you’ve caused me.

May your heart sink into the depths of the sea, just like you’ve done with mine.

That’s the most cruel and twisted attribute of your nature which is hard and unkind.

It’s hard to quell my craving and hopeless longing to feel you again.

To hear your voice, which was once sweet,  but has now morphed into a blood curling screech both unpleasant & scornful.

But for now, I must a-last face the reality of succumbing to the complete annihilation of what I used to call a heart.