A Revolution Against Racism In America

Stop talking about revolution, revolutionIt is like winning the lottery, the electionWhen a true revolution is on the moveNobody, nobody can stop it. A revolutionComes unannounced like an irresistible stormA hurricane, a cyclone, an earthquake, a majorStorm, a major event that nobody, no dictatorCan stop. A revolution is taking place now, nowRight now, now in the United States of AmericaA huge rainbow of young people (Blacks, WhitesAnd others)are in the streets, they have encircledThe blue firmament, yelling and hurling as loudAs they possible can: ‘Black Lives Matter'Yes, we want justice now. No justice, no peaceA serious revolution is happening now, right nowIn America, in the world. No justice, no peaceA revolution is unstoppable, just like when you got to goYou got to go. We can't breathe, we will breatheUntil racism and police brutalities are eradicatedUntil they are buried and deeply interred in the pastA revolution against racism is happening now, right nowIn America, throughout the world. Spring bringsCool and fresh air. We can breathe, we can flocking breatheA revolution against racism is taking place now, right nowWe want justice and peace for our brothers and sisters nowWe can't breathe. We can breathe now. We shall overcomeAs long as we're alive, we will fight and we will win this battle. Copyright © June 2020, Hébert Logerie, all rights reserved.Hébert Logerie is the author of several collections of poems.