Restless Tendencies

My mind tends to wander at this hour...on nights like these, sleep without you isn't much of a rest at all. It's more like self inflicted torture. I figure if i squeeze my eyes as tight as my wrenching heart, I could block out the aching that is this void, present only in your absence. I much rather lay awake and picture fictitous scenarios to keep me from going off the edge of illustrious insanity. Having never touched you, I ache for your touch that much more. Having never kissed your lips (those lips), my lips somehow have traces of rememberance, as if we somehow touched in our past lives. Having never the satisfaction of staring into your eyes, my longing to look beyond your exterior intoxicates me beyond any earthly reasoning...It is on nights like these when my mind journeys to another realm, leaving me no steps to follow back down. I am left to drown in inference and many assumptions without your reassuring words...I let better thoughts carry me away to my own personal nirvana to keep afloat...my soul is purged on nights like these.

I wrote this before I had the pleasure of loving you.