Pompeii

When hearing such a place, It almost seems impossible, The story is remarkable, A tragic end, A mystery, Every time I think of it, I think of all the innocents, I thin of all the cries, The beauty that once lived, The mountain that symbolizes the town, The sky that turned black,  Rained with ashes, The happy trails that walked upon the roads, The two classes of people, The rich and the poor, The story of each person, The bodies that shaped into a statue, The positions, The signs, The kindness that once lived, The belladonna that reflected the town, The place that no one couldn't escape, The place that became history, No survivors, I close my eyes, Imagine what it once was,  Feel what they felt, Though I might not understand the truth of Pompeii, But I do understand that it once was a town of the importance of Greek stories, Pompeii where lies a un solved death,  Pompeii the city that disappeared, Pompeii, Why do you leave me with curious thoughts? Why do I sense that there is more to discover? What are you hiding? Am I missing something? Is there a reason why such a village would vanish within thin air? Pompeii, The story that my lips tell, That my eyes visualize, That my mind wonders, It could have been punishment that murdered them, It could have been contoured, Or it could have been Mother Nature, Pompeii, You will always leave me with an empty thought, You will always leave me with a mystery, You will leave me with a story that will be foretold always.