Philophobia

He fell in love with the darkness,The darkness he became. The pitch black shadows of the night,Where he remains a mystery and distant.He observes as everyone flies,Paying no mind,As he does his own delight.  He saw her. A light.  With the elegance of her smile,The gleam in her eyes,He quickly fell for her with no lies.  Promised to protect and care,As she swiftly moves with gentleness.He watches from a distant,But doesn't dare step out,Not risking to remove himself from the dark.  So he loved from a distant,Feeling lonely as she laughs with others,But he knew he can't do anything,For the dark is his nature,And the fear of ever showing her the horrors of the shadows.  She noticed him. Immediately grew intrigued. But she knew his world turned differently than hers,Regardless she also observed,But she can't risk her light to dim,Or her world from shattering.  Both in love,Both in want for each other,But fear of the worlds colliding will always set a boundary to the unknown.