Parvin

Parvine, A name that means strength, courage, and grace. A celestial soul, she lives in the stars. Raised in Iran, A country where the inferior were female. Beauty was a sin, the women must wear veils. Parvine,Fought with a hard fist, Her hands held high, Screamed down on the law she refused to abide. Passion and rage all tied into one, She would not fall into this trap This battle had only just begun. Parvine, Imprisoned by the men, Too ignorant and blind to see How her beauty will live on forever, And it now lives within me. A continuous struggle laid down in her path.She lost a husband, her son, and was shamed But her hair still let free, even with all the pain. Parvine, A teacher, to the youth, Brought wisdom upon the future generations. Soon to be given up for her own kin. Left Iran for London, With her three grandkids, Parvine,was now an immigrant. Her language was now foreign, Her skin was not the same, The community she was amongst,Thought she was strange. Mojgan, Makan, and Marjan, The kids she put her soul into, Now live the life she couldn’t.  Parvine, A name that means strength, courage and Grace, Her legacy continues within me, Patricia Parvine Amouzgar.