Open

Spinning                                                                   Falling 

Spiraling out of control

My eyes flash open                     To escape                      the darkness of the dream

Only to be greeted                         by                                     the sight of the colour of a midnight raven

I open my nose                        to breathe in                                  a deep breath

Only to be suffocated              by the                                                 weight of my sadness and despair

I open  my mouth                    to shout                                                    out in fear 

Only to be silenced                    by the                                                        by the limitations on what I should say 

I open my mind                       to think                                                             creative thoughts

Only for it to                           be shut down                                                        by all the closed-mindedness around me

I open my heart                         to try and feel                                                        the love around me

Only to find                              the world filled with  hate 

I opened myself                         up to                                                                         the world

I was rejected                              now I                                                                        close myself in a cask of self-doubt