The Nigga

I thought it was time to address this Nigga word.

But before I touched on something so profound, I wanted to be sure that I understood my subject before I expressed my feelings about it.

So naturally, I googled it.

Tick, tack, clickety clack.

Got it.

Nigga, noun, a term used to refer to or address a black person.

Right?

Wrong.

Let’s be real.

The word nigga should never be defined so simply as a term to refer to or address a black person when it in fact is so much more.

To me the word Nigga is like the poisonous moth of all words in the english language.

Why? Because of the metamorphosis that this ugly butterfly has gone under in history.

Let’s travel back in time to gain a better understanding.

Let’s go back to the time when Nigga was Nigger.

Back when people like us were forced into living like pigs, like cattle, forced to labor away from sunrise to sunset.

Back to a time when “my nigga!” sounded more like “Move it, nigger!”

Back to a time when the “cockle doodle-doo!” of the morning rooster never brought the joy of a new day, but the abhorrence of another 24 hours of suffering.

Okay, back to today.

Today, where we turn on radios and hear the rappers drop singles like “My Nigga, My Nigga.”

Today in a time where everybody wants to be a “Real Nigga” or a “Rich Nigga.”

Because those are the examples set before this generation.

I have a real problem with this word.

My problem is that it has become as natural for us to say as it is for us to breathe.

My problem is that we brush it off as a term of endearment.

My problem is that we have this word incorporated into our everyday language.

My problem is that every time that that word is released from our teeth, it lynches our brothers and sisters who were subjected to racism all over again.

My problem is that we have such little reverence for the Struggle that we fail to see how we contribute to it.

It is time to put an end to this word.

Lets once and for all give the man what he’s always wanted.

It’s time for us to come together as a generation and once and for all KILL THE NIGGA.