My Son

My son

I watched you grow And I watched you dieI saw you well And I saw you sickThen sickness took overAnd the well days were rareI thought you were just sickBut never did I knowYou were out of drugs And you would sayI hurt all over and I can't eat a thingHow would I have known This was how an addict feelsWhen they need their drugsAnd no money to buyIf you could have made itFor just a little bit longerMaybe I would have knownWhy my son was so sickBut today I'm educatedAnd know so much moreI vow to this dayTo remember my sonAs I speak to othersWho live the same wayAnd promise to help However I canTo keep you aliveAnd make you proud again... In memory of my sonJustin Craig Britton11/22/2013 

MelanieBritton

My son  I watched you grow And I watched you dieI saw you well And I saw you sickThen sickness took overAnd the well days were rareI thought you were just sickBut never did I knowYou were out of drugs And you would sayI hurt all over and I can't eat a thingHow would I have known This was how an addict feelsWhen they need their drugsAnd no money to buyIf you could have made itFor just a little bit longerMaybe I would have knownWhy my son was so sickBut today I'm educatedAnd know so much moreI vow to this dayTo remember my sonAs I speak to othersWho live the same wayAnd promise to help However I canTo keep you aliveAnd make you proud again... In memory of my sonJustin Craig Britton