My Rights ARE Your Rights, Quitting Slavery and Discrimination

The misconception that began in 8000 BC, of how people could be treated different from you and me.
The earliest known records of slavery, is in The Code of Hammurabi.
They should have known then, they should know now that my rights are your rights, now say it loud!!

Now fast forward to the Middle Ages, where serfdom was considered, all the rages.
From East Europe to Islam world, it seemed the whole entire world got turned around.
Slaves were captured, on the frontiers, of the Islamic world and filled with tears,
And then imported to major centers, where they were sold to, money lenders.

We continue on this historical quest, of slave trade in the United States, and how it dealt with the rest.
The south was lazy and downright racy, by importing slaves to do their jobs, now that’s downright crazy.
The North fought for civil rights, and began a war with the south filled with civil fights.
The North won and the South lost greatly, but it seemed civil rights was nowhere near smooth sailing.

The Civil Rights Movement began to gain a beat, after Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat.
This discrimination could not be dealt with anymore, it was time for somebody to stand up and give a big roar.
The front man in this quest, was Martin Luther King Jr. and all the rest.
From Boycotts to “sit ins” in the South, it left a bad taste in many people’s mouths.
Of how we need to do something for these people, but left it to the government, and not to the people.

Finally in Brown vs. Board of Education, everyone got educated, in the idea of segregation.
There was to be no more in public schools, people then thought the Supreme Court really rules.
Then the Voting Rights Act of 1965 came into play, giving voting rights back to those who wanted it anyway.
It seems that in Civil Rights we’re all clear, but it’s only a start, that’s why I am here.
Slavery and Discrimination still exist in the world today, and that’s why I am happy there was a movement here in the US of A.
Now let’s give thanks to our Civil Rights leaders of the day, and use their influence and change the world today.
They should have known then, they should know now that my rights are your rights, now say it lou