My heart not my color

Little brown girl little black girl is what they called me never saw me the color of my skin is what always defined me I never was the best I was too different from the rest they didn't like my creativity or aspects on police brutality you a dumb black girl you ain't nothing black girl is what they thought of me never proud of me didn't see me for who I was jus saw me for how I looked light skin got me places I never wanted to go not saying i don't like it but there's much to show boys judged me for looks never from within always wanted to get in my face with a joke and a grin only intentions was to get in my pants leave me after like we never began too bad I wasn't stupid n I knew they lil plan looks can be deceiving like the deceiving boys that look at me never saw the inside jus saw the color on side of me lightskin darkskin what's the difference I rather be no skin look at me for who I am not for how I look I wish I didn't have to fight it wish we all could jus be united lighter skin don't make me smarter but the brains are deep inside her no one ever wants to give me credit for the things I do always hate on me for the things I chose now they mad cus everybody sees what's true I was always un-appreciated ,never obligated ,most hated ,underrated , talked about ,deteriorated, teared down , humiliated .Nobody gets it nobody knows , the things that I go thru the way that it shows , the life that I live is too strong for them ,every day I pray and it's always for them , I don't like to talk about anybody  else but it's always about everybody else , I'm too different it and nobody gets is . I pray to God he'll make things betta, tell momma I'm coming home just to be betta. Oops I'm sorry I didn't mean to spill it , everybody mad because I just admitted it . God gone change the things I can't . God gone fix the people I can't . Life is hard but there's always harder .