My curtain

The curtain I stand behind, hides my flaws, protects me from everybodys hurtful comments, i put up a front, to protect me from being hurt, i dont want to be told im not good enough, i hide behind my curtain to protect me                       My curtain protects me, its hard to show the real me, im afraid, afarid of failing, I'm afraid of what people will say, if i show the true me, a side that only those close to me are allowed to see, that they will judge me, my curtain protects me                                                  My curtain protects me, i put up this front, that im this shy girl who is only focused on doing her work, to not get in trouble, to be nice to everybody, sure those qualities are me, but thats not at all who I am, my curtain protects me.                                      My curtain protects me, from the side of me, that side that cant stop laughing, that side that is just as goofy as verybody else, it protects me from revealing that im not always okay, that i hurt, i go through hard times, that im not perfect, my curtain protects me.                       My curtain protects me. from showing that im outgoing, that i have a completely different personality outside of school, but because of the fear of being judeged, i choose to keep that side to only show others, once they get to know me, my curtain protects me.             My curtain protects me, if your lucky, you will get to get a look, at the real me, rather than a front i put up, to protect me, because of the fear of not being accepted, a lot of people wont get to see that side, That my curtain protects me.                I guess i could open up, show people the real me, but that would require me to risk it al, have a vulnerability of not being perfect, but thats okay, because as i get older, i come to realize, its okay, to take off my curtain.