Mirror

All throughout her life, her mirror was thereIt always showed her who she was As a toddler, It showed her a girl that was goofy and beaming of lifeIt showed her a girl with a face resonating of pure joy and unhinged laughterIt showed her a girl with the confidence of a stallionHer mirror was sleek and shiny and had not one single fault As as kid,It showed her a girl with a youthful spiritIt showed her a young girl who appreciated the day as it wasIt showed her a girl who began to wonder about lifeIt showed her a girl with innocent eyes fill with confusion as her parents marriage faultedIt showed a girl who began to experience fearHer mirror had slight scratches and was powdered with rust As a teen,It showed her a girl who smiled her way through every tough obstacleIt showed her a girl who struggled to find a single ounce of self worthIt showed her a girl who lacked the feeling of love and filled with emptinessIt showed her a girl that cared for others leaving none left for herselfIt showed a girl who was disgusted at the sight of her own imageIt showed a girl that was lost and searching for a sense of happinessIt showed a girl that hid her sadness from the outside worldHer mirror was cracked, chipped, rusted all around, clouding her of dignity Who is she now, you might ask?She is a girl who has a spark of fire that lights up her life once againShe is a girl who fights through her fear and cares for herselfShe is a girl who has persevered through the roughest of timesShe is a girl who screams of adventure, discovering all aspects of lifeShe is a girl who is beginning to love herself againHer mirror is now cleansed of all rust and scratches left with only of minor cracks She knows now that her mirror is valuableShe loves it just the way it is, cracks and all