Many Faces of a Human

Tue, 08/05/2014 - 20:51 -- aj9632

Like the moon, i show what others want-my bright side; how smart and funny and sweet i can be .

I can't help but think is this who I really am? Deep on the dark side of the moon, I am flawed knowing 

what they'll think of me is beyond hurtful. Each day i come home I isolate myself behind the curtain

where I'm alone with my uncontrollable thoughts. I hide and cower in fear of what they'll. 

From a distance the moon maybe gilded with perfection like me but once you draw closer into my  

personality, my true colors emerge revealing my hidden secrets forcing me to turn away from you

from the ones I care most about-losing everything and everyone would slaughter my heart in pieces.

Knowing you won't look at me the same way almost like falling in love.

Someone told me "it's not what they think makes you you, it's what you think and want yourself to be"

right there and then I realize, living behind a curtain or a closet has consumed half of my life. i

realized it is time to be true to myself and not let what anyone says get the best of me.

I am who I am and no one can take that away from me!