The Life of a High School Senior

Mon, 11/26/2018 - 21:09 -- Hmsm227

People tell me that I need to stop crying. 

I fail.

They tell me that I need to grow up, because they think it's because I’m childish and immature. 

I fail.

They tell me to look at the big picture, because they think it’s because I can’t see my life after high school. 

I fail.

They tell me that stress isn’t a real reason, because they think people go through stress all the time without having to cry. 

I fail.

They tell me to be happy, because they think I’m depressed, and that there is some underlying meaning.

I fail.

They tell me that it will do nothing for me, because they think they are qualified to solve my problem.

I fail.

They tell me that I can’t cry in public, because they think it’ll show people I’m too weak to be a part of society.

I fail.

They tell me to get help, because they think that more of something is going to stop my crying.

I fail.

They tell me that it’ll be all over in 8 months, because they don’t count the years and decades and lifetimes after this.

I fail.

They tell me to look for the light at the end of a tunnel, and to find the way out.

I fail.

They tell me next time, because I will be more prepared when I study even harder.

I fail.

They tell me it’s just a grade, and that I will make it up with other things I’m good at.

I fail.

They tell me not everyone is perfect, because everyone makes mistakes.

I fail.

They tell me it’s because of my negative attitude, and to try to look for the bright side.

I fail.

They tell me it’s me, and that I don’t try or care.

I fail.

They fall silent.

Tell me; who am I? What do I think? What do I feel? Why do I cry? 

How do you know?