Letting You In

39845

Its strange how in only a matter of a few weeks how quickly my feelings for you changed from being just friends to wanting to be with you all the time. I spent everyday with you and the more you made me smile and laugh it made me realize that I was falling in love with you and it was happening fast which scared me. I was scared because I never felt this strong about anyone in a short period of time and my past with the opposite sex never ended well. But the more I got to know you, I wasn't so scared anymore. I accepted it and I let you in. Once I let you in I realized I was happier and felt butterflies in my stomach. Then I was ready to tell you I loved you and I was scared out of my mind but before I did I talked to everyone we know and asked them how you felt and if I should say something or wait a little longer. They all smiled and chuckled a little and told me that you loved me. They even said that you can tell by the way you looked at me and how you treated me and that I shouldn’t be afraid because the way I felt about you was the same way you felt about me. So when I told you we were laying in my bed with your arms wrapped me and I was too afraid to look at you so I buried my head into your chest and told you how I felt. I said that I would never have guessed how fast my feelings came for you and that it usually takes me six months or more to have strong feelings for someone but with you it came easily. Then I finally looked at you and said I love you. In that moment I was happy and scared all in one. You were quiet and just looked at me. So I buried my head onto your chest again and told you that it was okay if you didn’t feel the same way and sorry if I threw you off guard and that you didn’t have to say it if you weren’t ready. But again you still said nothing and you held me tighter and we laid there in silence. Minutes passed and you told me to look at you and I did. Then the only words you spoke were I love you too. In that moment all my fear had disappeared and I smiled and kissed you. Then I asked why it took you so long to say it and you smiled and replied with because I like to make a dramatic effect. I laughed at your response and knew that I made the right choice to let you into my life and into my heart. I knew it was the right thing because ever since then you were always there for me with every obnoxious adventure we went on which were filled with laughter and then there were the moments were I was crying. When I cried I wouldn’t let you look at me but you never left my side. You stayed there and waited for me to be ready to let you hold me and stop me from crying. No matter what life threw at us you were there holding my hand letting the world know that no matter how hard it gets or how far away we are from each other we will always love each other and we will be by each others side. And with that I know I made the right choice to have you a part of my life and I will always know that your love for me will never fade away.