Letter to Autisum

Dear Autism,

You do not define me, I have defined you. Ever since I was in Kindergarten you built up walls and limits for me. Ex: You have made math a little hard for me ,it still is hard. Since then I have demolished them. By the time I was in second grade, my vocabulary was off the charts and I was reading at a third-grade level. In middle school, I was on the honor roll for three years. I  am crushing Trigonometry class. Heck, I am even on my way to get an advanced regents diploma.

You may have set boundaries for me socially, but I will overcome them.   I will not be another autism statistic. I will decide who to trust and who not to trust. I may not be good at communicating my thoughts yet , but I will through practice. I can practice at home,school and in my after school programs.

I am full of talent, I can act, sing, dance, I am beauty and brains, triple threat, and there’s more where that came from! Just look at my musical back in Junior year.  With help from my family, friends, and teachers, I will graduate high school, conquer college, and win the fight against you.

Sincerely,  

Ahjaah Jewett

SnowDays

Great letter. It was a  very inspiring read. Do you think you could help me? I am trying to upload my own poem and there are no spaces between my different lines. Did lines just appear between your paragraphs?

Mariposa36

Sure. I just typed my poem on Goggle docs and copied it onto the post. 

SnowDays

Thanks so much!