The Kiss

After gazing into the beautiful gems that are her amber eyes sparkling with browns and oranges and yellows and greens and golds woven into an intricate web apparently designed for my ensnarement, attention is drawn downward to the perfectly symmetrical nose and further still to Cupid's bow resting lightly above sumptuously molded lips flushed with color...A rare orchid beaconing with gently parted petals; the nectar within sweet...sultry... rejuvenating... intoxicating...Eyes reconnect...
The hand placed on the velvet cheek glides back and caresses the nape of her neck, fingers wander through lustrous curls of hair...
Lips touch for the first time...Minds explode...Each sense is heightened absorbing every detail of the moment...The heart pounds, the breath hastens as tongues dance passionately... feverishly... hungrily and now... tenderly. Devastation. For in an instant all hope of living without THIS kiss is gone.
This kiss is love... This kiss is life.