Keeper of my Heart

Dear Keeper of my Heart:

I will miss you, need you, and love you for the rest of my life as my heart will forever be yours

Months have passed and I still cry silently at night when all are asleep to keep my pain a secret.

The worst kind of crying, the kind you feel in your throat causing you to stop breathing and cover your mouth to hold it in as the tears fill your eyes.

I so want to scream out loud so you can hear and feel my pain from miles away but instead I suffer alone in silence.

I have no one to blame but myself as I felt we had too many differences to overcome and instead of working through it I thought it was best to set you free.

I finally realized you had my heart and always would but, I was too late as you had moved on and things would never be the same again.

I must accept the consequences of my decision and find a way to move past the pain and on with my life without you in it.

It may only take minutes to like someone and days to fall in love with someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone you love with all your heart.

For now or maybe forever you are the keeper of my heart.  Please be gentle with it as it is broken and needs time to heal.

Love always,

Broken heart