Just another city kid

Living in the big apple you always gotta notice the bright lights. 

Feel the rush of people passing by, ejoying life.

When people ask me what's it like, I say they'll never understand but if you want to know I have to tell you who I am.

I'm a city kid from Harlem, nothing about it. Born and raised, my love for writing was written on the walls everyday.

I'm a poet, a actor, a city kid and more. When i'm reciting or acting the crowd always yells for more.

I am me, always me. Never better then the rest.

You know, cause my momma always said I gotta do my best.

I'm creative, educated and always strive to be the greatest and not just make it because I don't want to be like everyone else.

Oh he just some city kid from Harlem seen his kind before...

What does that even mean, do you know who I am?

I'm a kid from the Nyc, letting my self free by reciting poetry.

This is why.

Why is it when your born your put into a box and chained? Why do I have to free myself, why do I have to gain what was lost because i'm not like you? 

In reality your just afraid of something new.

What you took from me was just a figment of your imagination, I am a city kid with the power to make your head make tail spins and not just that.

You want to strive to make me greater by your harsh words and ill logic go ahead but first why dont you think about it, when i'm on top why would you be looking up instead of straight ahead.

Just watch out for those cars, when you cross the street. I hear my rays of words are blinding down there on the new york streets.

I'm just another city kid but watch you'll remember me.