July

We are marching on concrete stained red.

Here is the divide; take a second to envision every human you have ever loved, liked, hated, seen in a hallway, seen in the street. Any human you've witnessed running early in the morning on your neighborhood sidewalks, standing at the food counter in the mall, reading Sunday's paper on the porch. Every human you have been friends, neighbors, lovers with. Imagine the way they smile, speak, sing. The way they walk, turn their heads as someone calls their name, the way they see the world as it is. Imagine the lengths you would go to be with them, nourish, protect them. But first, tell me the color of their skin.

Through the eyes of these American patriots, their place in this wasteland is definite.

How it is- is how we might describe the vast, darkness of a place we have grown all too familiar with, comfortable with. I have never believed in a heaven in the usual sense but I somberly recognize hell.

TVs bellow “The End”

We fixate on on the news reel, death toll, death toll, death toll.

Accept the words spitting out of mouths I don’t understand, I dont understand, I don't understand.

Never do.

In the age of the un-conversation, glass walls varnished floor to ceiling in black out tape, city skylines sparking infamy. The threat, the inevitable threat and the ominous lips on the other end of 911 calls. This. What is this? An era of flash bang, flash bang. An era of teach those offspring of yours to be scared. An era of interpreted power and digression.

Your apologies don't mean a lot a funeral.

But condolences to you, America.

I'm sorry we have failed to accommodate your crooked traditions. I'm sorry black is a dirty word. I'm sorry you patriotic sky now drips acid rain. My sincerest concession that your cities reek of gun fire and scalding flesh.

I mourn for the losses you have suffered dear, USA.

What has been seen, heard, felt tonight cant be mentioned. The weight upon the surfaces of every eye, ear, heart this night threatens to break our bones. The gravity of preceding events warns to implode our skin.

Repeat,

This shouldnt have happened this shouldnt have happened thisshould nt have happenedthisshouldnt ha vehappenedthishsouldnthavehappened

Cruel as this life may be, the enemy is clear.

Although, the solution buried under six feet of fresh turned soil.

All bets have been placed, we are in it for the long haul.

Here is where we continue;