It's You.

Your presence: like a soft fragrance of the sweetest flower permeating the air so that it may reach me, perhaps unnoticeable in one moment yet endorphin producing the next.

Your face: so close to mine, so blurry, so perfect in every way; farther now, still perfect, maybe more so than before; it feels like home.

Your eyes: so withholding, so intense, so calm and perfect, they can see me and into mine; wink.

My eyes: trying to absorb your every inch before you go yet constantly screaming at you, just screaming, yelling, can’t you tell? Can you not see that my eyes are screaming at you? “I love you! I love you! I love you!”, they yell; they try to compensate for the timidness of my mouth.

Your lips: like clouds, soft and inviting, soft, soft, soft; they form the words so dear to my heart, the words that are so dear to my mind, the words I wish I could frame and hang on my walls; they smile in unison with mine; closer now; touching mine; soft, soft, soft, goodness, so soft.

Our scars: a reminder to me that we are only human, that you are not perfect, as much as I would like to think; that I am not perfect as much as you would like to think; that we need each other, maybe; or maybe that I want to be the reason they remain bad memories written in your skin rather than invitations to join a party we have both been to a million times.

Your arms: strong, comforting, my security, my home, my salvation; hold me for eternity; do not let go.

Your mind: a secret, hard to read, yet effulgent with compassion, sentiment, and thoughtfulness; you handle me with such fragility; your mind is perfectly suited to dance with mine.

My mouth: smiling at you, lips together because if they were open I might just utter those words; I want you to admit it first because, am I crazy? I love you. I love you. I love you. My mouth wants to yell it at you. I could shout it. I won’t.

Your everything: you stick with me wherever I go and have stuck with me wherever I have gone; I can’t shake the thought of you, ever. It’s you babe. It’s you.