An Island of Dreams

There's an island. Its water the clearest blue, its sand the purest white, its trees the brightest green. The future lies there. Filled with success, happiness, and all around peace. And yet it remains empty. Its mere existence held by a single thread as the world crashes around it. 

There's a girl. Her arms are wrapped tightly around her torso as if to fight off the nonexistent cold. Her eyes contain so much pain, so much misery, so much misunderstanding. Always trying, always fighting. Going out of her way to be the best. And yet her real smile remains empty. Its mere sensation held by a single thread as the world crashes around her.

There's a dream. Of a girl finding her way to an island of beauty. An island where a new world can begin. A girl who is entitled to its guarantee of happiness, of success. The mere desire is held by a single thread but the dream still lives.