I Didn't Know

Mon, 11/06/2017 - 00:10 -- Ezibeth

When I saw you I didn't know who you could beWhen I met you I didn't know who you would beWhen I spoke to youI didn't know who you wereWhen you heard meI didn't know you were listening When you made me laughI didn't know I was gaining my best friendWhen you told me I was beautiful I didn't know I'd forever cling to those wordsWhen I asked you questionsI didn't know you'd be brutally honest with meWhen conversations consumed usI didn't know you'd find the depths of my soulWhen we were separate I didn't know it'd hurt so muchWhen I tried to help youI didn't know it'd hurt youWhen I made mistakes I didn't know you'd stayWhen you talked about dyingI didn't know I'd be so helpless When you told me I fucked up your lifeI didn't know how our friendship would continue When I asked for youI didn't know you'd choose other girls before meWhen I wanted anything but to lose youI didn't know that I feared I'd never find anyone elseWhen I told you the whole truthI didn't know you'd reserve yourself from meWhen I felt the tug to say goodbye I didn't know you'd willingly agreeWhen we said farewell I didn't know you'd say that I loved you more than you loved me And now that you're goneIt feels like hell Because I gave you everything Because I love you Because I will never stop loving youBut maybe I love you more than I should