I Am One

Mon, 10/19/2015 - 20:21 -- AnnJoy

Who am I to wish for peace? A world around me fights police, They wish for calm and stir up strife, It's gun to gun and knife to knife,

While most sleep soundly in their beds, The Blue Line stands outside instead, Police are out in snow and rain, They fight the bad despite their pain,

Protecting right they suffer wrong, But together they still stand strong, Hoping for Justice they reach out the arm, And for our sakes they come to harm,

So who am I who wants to see, A life that's full of justice sweet, Who wants to rise above the norm, And grab Life by its blood-stained horns?

Who would want to see the worst, And bring out the best, Of people low and people high, Who put your patience to the test?

And who, you ask, would wish to see, The bad in all society, To help those lost to find a home, And save a life no thanks then shown?

I am she who wants to see, Justice, Faith, Equality, And grab all opportunities, To show the world who I can be,

I want to see the worst in life, I want to bring my best at strife, I want to save the people high, Who would much rather see me die,

I am she who wishes to see, The bad in all of society, To help those lost to find a home, To save a life though no thanks be shown,

Yes, I am, and Yes, I'll be, This dream I will work for to see, And someday soon I hope to walk the streets, Just one more Blue on one more beat.