I am a Mexican girl living in the U.S

Thu, 11/28/2013 - 22:52 -- Anaid17

I am a Mexican girl living in the U.S.

I wonder what it would be like if my mom hadn't brought me to the land of the free.

I head all kinds of stories about people that try to come here for a better life.

I see the upset face in my mom whenever they say in the news that somebody innocent died.

I am a Mexican girl living in the U.S.

I pretend a grin knowing that very deep inside me there's that suffarage that I've had to go through.

I feel sorrowful because of families left behind and its like winning the lottery but not having nobody to spend it with.

I touch the family picture that reminds me of Mexico.

I worry about kids that come here yet don't have a clue of where they are at.

I cry thinking about the reasons my family isn't together.

I am a Mexican girl living in the U.S.

I understand that I'm here to have a succesful future and that others only wish for.

I say I'm proud of living here even though I wasn't born here.

I dream that on day their be no borders that can divide us.

I try to be an example of what they call the American Dream.

I hope to accomplish my goal of being someone triumphant.

I am a Mexican girl living in the U.S.

aguilar208

Hello:)

Well, at school were supposed to search for a poem that represents us and explain how does it represent you. But I can't use this poem without the author's real name, I really want to use this poem. So if someone or the author would please comment back telling me their name, please.   Thank you:)

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerfully expressed! Truly powerful! Keep sharing keep sharing! The world needs your expression! Keep sharing your life your mind your heart!