I am a Child of Immigrants

Thu, 09/10/2015 - 21:31 -- klexa25
AM 
CHILD 
OF 
IMMIGRANTS 
Living in America, we are allowed to see faces of different cultures, different races, and neighbors that do not look like you.
We are challenged to live in a world of diversity.
When asking about your ancestors, and your great grandparents, and your grandparents, it's exciting to know bits and pieces of you come from all over the globe.
Personally, I have family from Europe in vibrant Spain, family from South America in the enriching Peru with its cuisine known all over the world, and family whose roots started in the land of free, United States of America.
Since, your neighbor, your teacher, your boss, looks different than you, has an accent, a different background, does that make you better than them?
We all have a different story to tell, with similar chapters in some cases but who are we to classify who is better than who.
I am majoring in Political Science to view the politics and cultures of different countries through my own eyes and apply it to my learnings when I apply to Law school.
I am an immigration lawyer in the near future.
I am the face of every immigrant trying to succeed in the world. I am a student, a friend, a daughter, an employee, a person, I am me.
Everyone deserves a chance, because not every book has the same cover and not every book is by the same author. 

I am a child of immigrants.
We are all children of immigrants.
Our ignorance does not define us, it should encourage us to learn more of our background, and where we come from.
I plan on helping everyone that is suffering from social injustice because they do not look, talk, or have the same job as your neighbor might.
I am bilingual, and I will use my learnings and research to better the world I want my children to someday grow up in. 
AM 
CHILD 
OF 
IMMIGRANTS