How to Survive

Locations

60641
60641
60641

School. The place where children are supposed to learn how to live their life. If it's such a 'great place to work and learn', then why do i feel so uncomfortable every time i open my mouth? Why do i feel that i have no say in anything?Why am i chastized because i don't know the answer? It is your job to teach me the answers, not ask me the questions. Why do we have no say in our education? They may teach us important parts of our fundemental education,like math, science,history, english- but why is everything else pushed to the back burner?  Why aren't we taught things that will truly help us in life, like  actual sex education, the real deal behind economics, how to pay our taxes, how to successfully nail an interview and get a job? How to juggle everything? How to not stress about all the things going wrong because you have no idea what you're doing

BECAUSE YOUR SCHOOL HAS NOT TAUGHT YOU HOW TO SURVIVE?

I am a junior in high school. I have spent eleven years of my life learning. But learning what? I feel as though they have given me pieces to a puzzle that I do not own. The pieces may be good, but they are not correct for the puzzle of my life,  my career,   and my future. They don't fit.I don't fit. I won't fit until I truly learn how to be an adult.But how can I be an adult if I am treated like a child?! 

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerful expression! Please never stop expressing from the heart. Continue the journey of poetry.