Home

A city thats on the list for being one of the worse places to live

You hear gunshots and police sirens every night,

And every morning you hear a mom crying out on the news from the lose of her innocent son or daughter,

When In reality she knows they were gang affiliated, and they brought the weapon to the fight themselves.

Driving down the street, seeing every other town house either boarded up,

completely burned down, or filled with holes from a single handgun.

Watching the school kids playing around on the corner, when it's 11 o’clock on a weekday

And you know that the one thing they aren't talking about is their school work.

Passing a drunk man, and a young girl walking around laughing about the fun they had that night,

and you realizing that one of the kids you saw on the corner before was their son.

Seeing eviction signs on doors, and tickets on the heads of cars. With the person right beside their property arguing with the landlord or a cop explaining that they can’t pay for it because they don't have the money,

But then later on seeing them at Lexington Market buying a bag full of drugs, that probably was the same amount as that ticket.

Going in for your last day of eighth grade, looking for you're best friends and finding out that one is pregnant and the other was in a fight last night and as of this morning is on the run.

Remembering the first day of middle school when we all made a promise to make it out. And doing something to represent our generation.

To this day this very city is probably the only place I would be able to call “Home”.

It’s the place that raised me, taught me everything I know, and will continue to form the women I will become in the future, and the place I will always gloat about to everyone I meet.

Baltimore City, Ravens Nation, Crab cake Central, Party Town, The worse city you could ever live in ….

To me Baltimore is the most influential and nurturing city you could ever live in

This is home.

The entire poem is an allegory poem & has a theme “the worst thing or place to one, can be the best thing or place to someone else. Everyone was raised and taught differently, so peoples opinions will be different.

kenyamarie33

I like the entire poem, because I feel as though the whole piece teaches something about life today anywhere not just in Baltimore City