her.

“what do you fear?” she asks. i ponder. i think deeply. what do i fear?
i look at her. her bright eyes gleaming into my own. her lips magnifying, pulling my metal heart closer and closer to her.
she reaches her hand to mine, and only holds onto my two fingers, so gently. my heart flutters. her small touch is electrifying, like a strike of lightning. her words rumble through me like thunder and i begin to wonder, is her name the title of a hurricane? her entity approaches mine in the most spiritual of ways. breathing through my soul like a million butterflies in spring. wildflowers begin to grow on my palms. she watered them with love so beautiful and pure, i can not bring myself to trim the colors. so i leave myself messy. i leave the streaks of mud under my eyes from where her fertile fingers trace my sadness as she wipes my tears. and then she cries too. she cries in thunderstorms that bring down walls made of steel. her shoulders shake so violently, the dry earth crumbles under her skin in an earthquake of relief. underneath the shreds of dust is a utopia far more perfect than eden. she tells me she is 100% sure she isn’t beautiful but the rainbow sherbet sunrise in her smile tells me i am 101% sure she is a masterpiece. Picasso could not dream of painting something as beautiful and unique as her and the way her watercolor mind seeps through her freckles and onto her cheeks. she blushes intensely, and her strawberry skin is too sweet not to kiss. she tastes like a birthday party. her lips are the cake, her tongue, the frosting. her hands play music on my hips, her hair decorates my fingers when i intertwine them into her mind. her words are the gifts i treasure so deeply. i blow out the candles. she blinks and a wildfire erupts around her, smoke fills my lungs and i get high off of how brightly she burns.

i fear her. i fear her tornado kind of love ripping me apart, limb by limb, vein by vein. i fill the syringe with her magic and inject it into my temporal lobe, guaranteeing i will never forget the stardust she left on my bedsheets. i will overdose on her. the bass strings of my heart will begin to break as she plucks each one, in beautiful rhythm, for my body plays only for her, and breaks only for her. her innocence is extraordinary and i can’t help but forgive her and her horrible sanity. i stand in the eye of her storm, praying for rain to quench this never ending craving for her touch. her presence makes me completely and utterly insecure and vulnerable. my bones turn to toothpicks and my armor turns to silk. she rips the buttons with one swift movement leaving my hollow skeleton naked. does she know i would walk to the end of the earth for her? i would fall off the edge of our world and allow myself to be swallowed up by space if she needed me to. i would drown myself in her whirlpool of tears and sacrifice myself to her hillsides. i would stand face to face with the devil himself to make her happy. the fires of hell could burn me to ash and i would be thankful because her lips would be smiling. she could murder me with one word and i would fall to my knees with grace. hollow lead, blood shed, i would go to war. i would stand front line in the sin-fueled battle of love and hate for her. and love would always win.