Hello, my ignorant teacher.

Hello, my ignorant teacher.

There is a lot you are not aware of.

I am here to tell you all that you are not noticing.

There is a kid in your class, and he’s not raising his hand.

It is not because he’s too shy to raise it but he is scared.

He’s scared that if he opens his mouth, the kids in the back would laugh at his lisp.

He scared that he’ll hear the melody of kids mocking “sth , sth, sth” around the class room.

Why can’t you understand that there’s a girl in your class, who used to sit in the front.

She chose that seat for a reason.

She just happens to be a little too big to fit through the aisles of chairs that you stupidly jammed together.

She’s afraid that if she just happens to have to use the bathroom she will have to walk through these aisles that don’t quite give her enough space.

And the kids will laugh at her.

Oh my ignorant teacher, there is a boy in class, he sits in the back corner; next to the window.  

He never raises his hand to read because English is not his first language.

You don’t understand though.

The sound of him “ th-there wa-was a d-dog “ scares him.

He’s scared that the cool kids in the other row might think he’s the stupid foreign kid.

Oh yeah, one last thing.

That whole row of students that sit in the back of your classroom do not think you are cool.

They simply use you so they can get to the weaker kids.

They’re a bunch of jocks and bullies who mocked the kid with the lisp.

They make fun of the fat girl who can’t fit through the aisles.

They make jokes about that foreign kid who struggles reading, in the back corner of the class’ next to the window.

And because you indirectly allow this to happen, and because you’re blind to the world of high school around you, you will be labeled along with them.

You will be labeled a bully.

Those kids will go on and hate you and spread the truth to many other kids who happen to be outcasts.