Hear Me

Dear Mom and Dad,

How can I explain that I simply can not stay?

There are goals I need to race towards and dreams I must stretch my legs out to reach.

If I stay here I may never find my own way.

How can I explain the feeling I have for this life of mine?

Whenever I attempt to fathom what this existence could be my mind shatters into shards of brightly glowing stars.

But invisible hands, that I can not be rid of here, keep my aspirations in line.

How can I explain that my true self will hide until I am all alone?

I need a solitary and companionless world to sort which of my dreams I grew and which i was bestowed.

Leaving here is the only way I will find myself and learn what I will be when i’m grown.

How can I explain that I love you with all my heart.

You have done more than I ever deserved and been more than I could ever ask for.

But I must give myself a chance away from here to learn who I am and restart.

So, how can I explain that I simply can not stay?

I know you won’t understand and you will think a poor choice has been made,

But trust me when I say goodbye and that I will see you again and it will be a brighter day.

Your Son,                                                                                                                                              Seth Ring