A Girl with a Dream

There was a girl,And that girl had a dream.So, she might give it a whirl,In hopes of leaving the mainstream.*The dream would take her to places,Where poverty hits like a hurricane.She will see the pain on their faces,And watch as they harvest for grain.*The dream will service problems too large to ignore,It promotes world peace and brings hope to those who have none.This dream is to join the Peace Corps,So that children can grow to love everyone.*She is afraid of the diseases that lie ahead,And that she will sleep on the dirty, hard floor.She is scared to see people hanging on like a thread,And is nervous about there being no grocery store.*Maybe she doesn’t have the courage,And maybe she is frightened for failure.But her mom is there to encourage,And will act as her savior.*Her mom had said a thousand times,That everything happens for a reason.“You have to be selfless sometimes”,And be able to adapt to every season.*Her mom taught her valuable skills,Like the importance of gratitude and compassion.She found out that being a generous person fulfills,And she learned that no one cares about her sense of fashion.*Once it’s all said and done, And she returns home.Her plan is to help someone,Around the hospital she shall roam.*She sits down in the char, Examines her future in the health care.And wonders if her experience will stick,Or if the significance did not click.