George Floyd Was A Brother To The World

I would be selfish to write down that Bro. George FloydWas only the quintessential big brother of all Blacks.But I want to go beyond our color. An enormous floodHad spread all over; an image that nobody could block. Yes, George Floyd was a brother to the entire universe.We all couldn't breathe witnessing his savage murder, His painful lynching, his deliberate hanging on the cross, As he was begging, on the ground like an angelic martyr. In modern time, we all witnessed the crucifixion of a brother.Like Jesus Christ, Brother George Floyd forgave his murderer, By pleading with him and by calling for the love of his mother. We saw live how our life is precious and can disappear in seconds, In eight minutes and forty six seconds, and how cruel are some felons.It's sad that many police departments are infested with deadly cons. Copyright © June 19,2020, Hébert Logerie, all rights reserved.Hébert Logerie is the author of several collections of poems.