A Game Called Love

We played a game. It's called "love". The rule is simple: whoever falls first, loses.
I played honest, and you played a role. That's how you won.
You grew a garden in the darkest corners of my mind. You became my sun and my moon, my breeze and my warmth.
You led me by my hand and showed me all the things I've wanted to see.
You read your lines like they were the Good News and you were the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
Every lie was covered in beautiful colors, like a twisted weed covered by beautiful flowers.
The weeds came in, one by one, and all of a sudden the garden turned into something Tim Burton would put into one of his movies.
The game changed scenery, and now I'm Alice in her Wonderland where the dark truth is hidden behind bright lies and where going crazy is the only way to survive.
I was warned about the drugs from the streets, but I had never heard about the ones that have brown eyes and a heartbeat.
This is all like a bad trip and now I'm tripping over the vines you planted.
You became a compulsive liar with your feelings. I opened myself up for you and you started to use my own parts to destroy me.
You love me,
You love me not.
You love me,
You love me not. You love me,
I guess you love me not.
You became a compulsive liar with your feelings, and I lost.
So let's play a game. Let's play again. The game is called love and the rule is simple: whoever falls first, loses.
Now, it's my turn to act.
I'll tell you all you want to hear.
My mask will be unbreakable,
My eyes on the prize unwavering,
My mouth, unwilling to collapse the smile.
The smile that works like the shovels that will plant the flowers and bury any hope you have of redeeming yourself.
So are you sure you want to play this game? We can play again.
The game is called love and the rule is simple: whoever falls first, loses