Fly

Wed, 11/29/2017 - 16:43 -- DeMaree

I've realized that Inconsistency kills

more than what we think it does

So why give...

When you yourself feel empty

Though yelling to the sky baby girl ain't gonna make it come down

Go ahead and fly to your destiny

For I know how much you miss your feet on soft soil, because it was a physical representation that said love can be sunken into.

Go ahead and fly to your hope which is made of violet from lightning bolts of violence

that circulate like stirred lemonade, purple and grey

And I bet that if you put that on a canvass, then people will judge it as if they knew you while they chase temporary things

But just know that a million dollars in American money don't mean a damn thing in another country

Instead we chase the banker instead of the robber, we chase the shooting star instead of the whole night sky.

And you never knew just how intimate light could be

For it wraps around your figure better than any hands who would dare to go that far

And it is more passionate than the face of a man who plays the guitar.

Just know that I never blamed you for no longer wanting to cry at funerals

For you cry for the people who are still stuck on this earth

This earth who says that being used is normal for one's own selfish need

and claiming power by fighting over a useless piece of concrete

What can this world offer you?

For I know how hard and often you think of giving lilac flowers to your beloved as a memoir of you as you prepare your little rowboat to heaven.

But if you wanna fly to your hope which is made of violet then I liberate you

Go ahead...

Even though you question why truth exists because no one believes it anyway

Go ahead and fly...

Because I believe in you

Mafi Grey

This was really good. My favorite part is: I know how much you miss your feet on soft soil, because it was a physical representation that said love can be sunken into.