First Boyfriend

My relationship with my first boyfriend, Jacob, has been an amazing experience.  He has shown me that true gentlemen still exist. Before I got to know Jacob, I thought that all teenage boys were rude and disrespectful, but he is chivalrous and kind.  When I had heat stroke at a concert we attended, he stayed by my side and took me to the paramedics, instead of watching his favorite band play.  He treats his family and friends with great respect.  Another great thing about being in a relationship has been getting to know his family.  His grandmother and uncle have become very fond of me and often call Jake to see if I would join them for a barbeque.  I feel like I have been accepted into their family.  I hope that when I am older and married that my in-laws will be as friendly to me as his family has been.  Most importantly, I appreciate that I have someone special who I feel comfortable sharing my ideas with.  He accepts my ideas, silly or not, and supports me in them.  He is a very good listener and we help each other see different perspectives. This experience has shown me what having a healthy relationship means.