Feigning Innocence

Born into a sheltered home, no worry met my gaze. From divorce to death, so many a time, and yet my smile stayed. I understood what others said, from every time they teased.  Yet still I smiled a crooked smile, letting the worst befall on me. They called me stange, for I still laughed without worry or friends. This went on for many years till my high school days did end. It was only then I left my home, to other states did flee. I did not grasp that as I passed, darkness surrounded me. I longed for hope and love from men, and thus I saught the worst. I thought that everyone was kind, untill I was coerced. And once that night befell on me, the night that tears did stain, I turned into a shallow husk of bitterness and pain. Dispite this shell in which I live, where only sorrow flows,  I sweetly smile and flaunt my mask of who people think they know.Born into a sheltered home, no worry met my gaze. From divorce to death, so many a time, and yet my smile stayed. I understood what others said, from every time they teased.  Yet still I smiled a crooked smile, letting the worst befall on me. They called me stange, for I still laughed without worry or friends. This went on for many years till my high school days did end. It was only then I left my home, to other states did flee. I did not grasp that as I passed, darkness surrounded me. I longed for hope and love from men, and thus I saught the worst. I thought that everyone was kind, untill I was coerced. And once that night befell on me, the night that tears did stain, I turned into a shallow husk of bitterness and pain. Dispite this shell in which I live, where only sorrow flows,  I sweetly smile and flaunt my mask of who people think they know.