FearNot #SlamScholarship

Fear should never be in a man or woman's vocabulary, but yet it's still apart of life. Fear sometimes gets in my head, and tells me things I know isn't right. Overcoming fears are hard, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But once I'd done it, I felt so brand new! I never knew the meaning of "being myself", it was always easy to act like someone else. I was always scared of being who I am till I started to act like others. I didn't see what was to like about me. I just wanted to fit in, to feel loved by my peers and I've shed so many tears. But in spite of that, I overcame my fears. I started to be myself and love myself. I even made friends. My fear lies in insecurities I have about myself. Fighting my fears was like fighting demons. I'd always think they'll win, but now I am stronger and I know never again will I let them win. I am proud to say that I'm stronger today. Some fears are good, my fears were bad. They'd even made me sad. My message to the world is to always love yourself first, or nobody will. And yes I know this is difficult still. Fighting my fears along the years was never easy, but I'll do anything just to please ME! You matter I matter, We matter!